***NOW ACCEPTING 2017 APPLICATIONS***
Contact Head Coach Alec Hurley for more information
Once again WBC is proud to offer our U23 Summer Racing & Training Program! With the numbers kept purposely small & a focus on sculling this program not only gives our collegiate members a training program for the summer but also provides them with a wonderful technical base to take with them when they return to their collegiate teams in the fall.
2017 U23 training begins June 5th & runs through August 15th
Athletes registering for this program will be expected to-
- Attend practices five days per week, with any absences excused in advance (and kept to a minimum). Practices will be Monday-Friday, 7:00-9:00a with the option presented for evening rows if desired.
- Be open to training & competing in sculling boats. If you don’t have sculling experience this is NO problem, we have experience teaching even the most stubborn sweep rowers how to succeed with two oars instead of one!
- Commit to competing in 3 regattas-
- Schuylkill Navy Regatta– Philadelphia, PA, Saturday, June 17th
- Independence Day Regatta– Philadelphia, PA, Friday-Sunday, June 30th-July 2nd
- Canadian Henley*- St Catherines, ON, Canada, Tuesday-Sunday, August 8th-13th
- Upon the recommendation of the head coach and approval of WBC, selected participants may attend U23 World Trials* in West Windsor, NJ (June 26-30), and/or US Rowing Club Nationals* in Bethel, OH (July 12-16)
*Travel and trailer expenses for out of town regattas will be paid by the participating rowers.
Please contact U23 Head Coach Alec Hurley for further information & to be accepted into the program- firstname.lastname@example.org .