2023 SPRING RACE TEAM
REGISTRATION COMING SOON
PLEASE EMAIL US FOR MORE INFORMATION ON HOW TO REGISTER FOR THE NEXT RACE TEAM SEASON
This year our highly desirable Spring Race Team begins in December 2022 with WBC’s high intensity Winter Workouts
Spring 2023 will once again be open to novice & varsity athletes, alike. NO EXPERIENCE IS NEEDED to join the competitive spring team, simply a willingness to learn new things & work hard. We will have coaches available for all levels of athletes allowing everyone to participate in races throughout the season. As with past years we will have sculling & sweep opportunities which will be determined by the size of the team. Our goal is to qualify multiple boats for USRowing Youth National Championships which will be held in Sarasota, FL this June. As we continue to grow in size we will continue to grow in speed, we highly encourage all of our athletes to recruit a friend to join the fun. See below for 2023 program specifics.
Rowers participating in this program will be expected to:
- Effective January 1, 2023, All junior participants in any on the water program must first pass a swim test. See Policy HERE
- Attend practice four days during winter workouts and six days a week once Spring workouts begin, with any absences excused in advance (and kept to a minimum). Practices are mandatory. Coaches should be notified whenever an athlete will miss practice, the sooner the better. Good rule of thumb- If an athlete is too sick to go to school, they are too sick to attend practice, but if they make it through a school day, practice should stay on the agenda.
- Winter season practices begin on December 12, 2022 Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, 4:00p to 6:15p, Saturday & Sunday 11:00a to 1:30p
- Girls Team Wednesday Friday Saturday, Sunday*
- Boys Team Tuesday Thursday Saturday, Sunday*
- Spring Race season practices begin on Monday, February 20th & run through late May (or mid June for those who qualify for Nationals).
- Practices* will be Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, 4:00-6:30p (drop off no earlier than 3:45p, practice begins promptly at 4:00p, pick up by 6:45p); Saturday, 11:00a-1:30p (drop off no earlier than 10:45a, pick up by 1:45p); Sunday, 11a-1:30p (drop off no earlier than 10:45a, pick up by 1:45p).
- Commit to the training plan set forward by the coaching staff. This may include body weight circuits, or other such workouts, to be performed outside of practice.
- Commit to competing in the regattas especially those varsity athletes who qualify for Nationals.
- Cost for spring of 2023 is $2,250. This includes entry & trailer fees for regattas + 2023 HRC Facilities Fee. A deposit of $450 is due by 12/11/2022. The remaining balance. $1800 will be due by February 15, 2023.
- Payment by Check can be brought to first day of practice or mailed prior to the beginning of the season-
Whitemarsh Boat Club
Attn- Junior Racing Team
PO Box 944
Conshohocken, PA 19428
*This practice schedule is subject to change. Due to our limited space and equipment, we needed to break up the practices during winter workouts. Take note: Having Wednesdays off after February and adding Sunday to the weekly practice schedule late February is to gain more valuable water time when the river isn’t quite as crowded. The added bonus is this gives families a weekday (Wednesdays) to schedule all those pesky appointments that seem to come up in the course of raising kids. Many weekend practices will wrap up by 1:00, On regatta weekends this is subject to change to allow for the extra time needed when the trailer will be loaded/unloaded. The coaches will give the athletes a heads up anytime the pick up shifts change.
2023 Tentative REGATTA SCHEDULE *
- January 29: Mainline Slide Indoor Erg competition ($25.00 Entry Fee paid separately by rower)
- March 18/19: WBC Ergathon tentative
- March 26: Metropolitan Youth Speed Order, Overpeck County Park, Leonia, NJ
- April 8: Steve Neczypor Regatta
- April 22 & 23: Mercer Lake Sprints, Mercer County Park, NJ
- April 30 : Cooper Cup, Camden, NJ
- May 13 & 14: USRowing Mid-Atlantic Youth Championship, Mercer County Park, NJ
- May 18: Junior Sports Banquet
- June 3 & 4: TBD
- June 8-11: USRowing Youth National Championships, Sarasota, FL**Qualifying crews only. Not included in regular price.
*It is imperative the coaches be notified when a rower is unable to attend a scheduled calendar event. Regatta weekends are demanding and we expect all rowers who race to be present for rigging and de-rigging, trailer loading and unloading until the job is complete.
The Head Coach of Junior Programming for WBC is Joe Sullivan & he will continue as Head Coach of the spring season. Art Post is once again with us for the winter and spring along with Jane Detwiler. In February we hope to welcome back Sam Garrity, Matt Sidlowski and Jason Beck. Should the program continue to grow we will add coaches who will be announced at a later date. All of our coaches will be working towards the same goal – creating the most successful junior club program on the east coast & “graduating” well rounded athletes who love the sport.
Whitemarsh Boat Club takes great pride in its alumni. We encourage our rowers to continue their rowing careers in college and beyond. We help with the recruiting process and welcome many college recruiting coaches to our daily practices. Check out where many of our alum have gone on to row HERE
Email our youth administrator, with any questions or concerns