Fall Racing Team
Registration opens August 1, 2023
Who is the race team?
- Athletes ages 13-18 whose school does not offer a rowing team
- Athletes both with and without experience!
- Athletes who want to compete and race against other teams
- Athletes who want to focus on their technique
What is Fall Racing?
Fall regattas and racing focuses on longer distances, usually between 3k and 6k in length. These longer races are just as intense, and the training will help athletes build a strong aerobic base that will set them up for success for their winter and summer seasons. Coxswains on the team will learn proper steering, and come to understand the rowing stroke better, both skills will make them a valuable coxswain in the spring.
September 11-November 13
Practice are 5 times a week, athletes are expected to keep absences to a minimum.
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 4:00-6:15 pm
- Saturday 11:00-1:00 pm
- Drop off starts 15 minutes before practice, pick up ends 15 minutes after practice
Athletes must commit to competing in six regattas
- King’s Head: Bridgeport, PA – September 24
- Head of the Christina: Wilmington, DE
- Navy Day Regatta: Philadelphia, PA
- Head of the Charles: Boston, MA – October 20-22 (select athletes)
- Head of the Schuylkill: Philadelphia, PA – October 28-29
- Pumpkin Regatta: WBC
- Mercer Fall Classic: West Windsor, NJ (select athletes)
- Frostbite Regatta: West Windsor, NJ – November 11
- Braxton Memorial Regatta: West Windsor, NJ
The total cost of this program will be updated as we near the start of the season.