2022 Summer Race Team
Contact Program Coordinator for Information – youthrowingWBC@gmail.com
Once again we will be prioritizing our High Performance Junior Racing Team.
This program is for experienced high school rowers (at least one competitive season) who are entering grades 10-12 in fall, 2022. Rising 9th graders with rowing experience need coaches approval to join. It will be conducted from Monday, June 20 to Saturday, August 13. The emphasis is expected to be on sculling, but the program may include more sweep depending on the final size of the team. Fitness for participation will be assessed by WBC coaches during the registration process. Rising freshmen who already have significant rowing experience (multiple camps, etc.) should contact the WBC Program Coordinator or Junior Head Coach, Joe Sullivan about joining this program (email listed below).
Rowers participating in this program will be expected to:
- Attend practice five days a week, with any absences excused in advance (and kept to a minimum).
- Practices will be Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, 4:00-6:00p (drop off no earlier than 3:45p, pick up by 6:15p) and Saturday 11:00a-1:00p (drop off no earlier than 10:45a, pick up by 1:15p). Sundays & Wednesdays off.
- Purchase a Whitemarsh Boat Club racing unisuit. Orders must be placed by June 2nd to ensure delivery in time for the first team regatta. The final cost of the uniform will depend on how many we order. Please contact Head Coach Joe Sullivan or our program coordinator for more information (email listed below).
- Commit to competing in 3 regattas: Independence Day Regatta , Philadelphia, PA (July 2); Philadelphia Youth Regatta, Philadelphia, PA (July 23); Overpeck Summer Sprints, Leonia, NJ (July 30).
- Upon the recommendation of the head coach and approval of WBC, selected participants may attend the Royal Canadian Henley Regatta in St. Catharines, ON Canada (August 2 -7). Travel and trailer expenses for RCHR is not included in the program fee and will be paid by the participating rowers.
COACHES for the 2022 Competitive Junior Summer Program include Head of WBC Junior Programs, Joe Sullivan. Along with Jane Detwiler, and Samantha Garrity.
The fee for this 9 week program is $1650 payable is full to secure your spot. This fee will include the yearly Hines Rowing Center (HRC) fee, plus all required regatta entry & trailer fees. Travel fees for Canadian Henley will be assessed separately & paid for by the participating athletes. If an athlete has participated in ANY 2022 program at Hines Rowing Center (this includes all 2022 WBC programs & all 2022 HRC scholastic teams) they have already paid the yearly HRC fee; the total due for those families is $60.00 less. Please email our Program Director for registration information.
Please send checks to :
Whitemarsh Boat Club
Attn- Summer Junior Race Team
PO Box 944
Conshohocken, PA 19428
Registrations will open in Early Spring 2022
CLICK HERE to register at the WBC Regatta Central page.
Click on “Memberships” to see the full list of programs available.
Select “Summer Race Team” and click “join/renew”
To receive email updates about this and other programs or for any
Questions/ concerns? Email us – YouthrowingWBC@gmail.com