Contact Program Coordinator for Information
Once again we will be prioritizing our High Performance Junior Racing Team.
This program is for experienced high school rowers (at least one competitive season) who are entering grades 10-12 in fall, 2021. It will be conducted from Saturday, June 19 to Saturday, August 14. The emphasis is expected to be on sculling, but the program may include more sweep depending on the final size of the team. Fitness for participation will be assessed by WBC coach(es) during the registration process. Rising freshmen who already have significant rowing experience (multiple camps, etc) should contact the WBC Program Coordinator or Head Coach of Junior Programs Joe Sullivan about joining this program (email listed below).
Rowers participating in this program will be expected to:
- Attend practice six days a week, with any absences excused in advance (and kept to a minimum).
- Practices will be Monday- Friday, 4:00-6:00p (drop off no earlier than 3:45p, pick up by 6:15p) and Saturday 11:00a-1:00p (drop off no earlier than 10:45a, pick up by 1:15p). Sundays off.
- Purchase a Whitemarsh Boat Club racing unisuit. Orders must be placed by June 2nd to ensure delivery in time for the first team regatta. The final cost of the uniform will depend on how many we order. Please contact Head Coach Joe Sullivan or our program coordinator for more information (email listed below).
- Commit to competing in 3 regattas: Independence Day Regatta , Philadelphia, PA (July 3); Philadelphia Youth Regatta, Philadelphia, PA (July 24); Overpeck Summer Sprints, Leonia, NJ (July 31).
- Upon the recommendation of the head coach and approval of WBC, selected participants may attend the Royal Canadian Henley Regatta in St. Catharines, ON Canada (August TBD). Travel and trailer expenses for RCHR will be paid by the participating rowers.
COACHES for the 2021 Competitive Junior Summer Program include Head of WBC Junior Programs, Joe Sullivan. Along with Jane Detwiler, Samantha Garrity and Amy Beckman.
The fee for this 9 week program is $1550 payable is full to secure your spot. This fee will include the yearly Hines Rowing Center (HRC) fee, plus all required regatta entry & trailer fees. Travel fees for Canadian Henley will be assessed separately & paid for by the participating athletes. If an athlete has participated in ANY 2021program at Hines Rowing Center (this includes all 2021 WBC programs & all 2021 HRC scholastic teams) they have already paid the yearly HRC fee; the total due for those families is $50.00 less. Please email our Program Director for registration information.
Please send checks to :
Whitemarsh Boat Club
Attn- Summer Junior Race Team
PO Box 944
Conshohocken, PA 19428
Registrations are open!
CLICK HERE to be taken to the WBC RegattaCentral page.
Click on “Memberships” to see the full list of programs available.
Select “Summer Race Team” and click “join/renew”
Questions/ concerns? Email us- YouthrowingWBC@GMAIL.com