2021 Program Updates Coming Soon
*****2019 Registration NOW OPEN*****
Contact Program Coordinator for Information
Once again we will be prioritizing our High Performance Junior Racing Team. CLICK HERE for more information.
This program is for experienced high school rowers (at least one competitive season) who are entering grades 10-12 in fall, 2019. It will be conducted from Saturday, June 15 to Monday, August 12. The emphasis is expected to be on sculling, but the program may include more sweep depending on the final size of the team. Fitness for participation will be assessed by WBC coach(es) during the registration process. Rising freshmen who already have significant rowing experience (multiple camps, etc) should contact the WBC Program Coordinator or Head Coach of Junior Programs Joe Sullivan about joining this program (email listed below).
Rowers participating in this program will be expected to:
- Attend practice six days a week, with any absences excused in advance (and kept to a minimum).
- Practices will be Tuesday- Friday, 4:00-6:30p (drop off no earlier than 3:45p, pick up by 6:45p) and Saturday & Sunday, 9:00-11:30a (drop off no earlier than 8:45a, pick up by 11:45a).
- Purchase a Whitemarsh Boat Club racing unisuit. Orders must be placed by June 2nd to ensure delivery in time for the first team regatta. The final cost of the uniform will depend on how many we order. Please contact Head Coach Joe Sullivan or our program coordinator for more information (email listed below).
- Commit to competing in 3 regattas: Independence Day Regatta, Philadelphia, PA (June 28-30); Philadelphia Youth Regatta, Philadelphia, PA (July 20); Overpeck Summer Sprints, Leonia, NJ (July 27).
- Upon the recommendation of the head coach and approval of WBC, selected participants may attend the Royal Canadian Henley Regatta in St. Catharines, ON Canada (August 6-11). Travel and trailer expenses for RCHR will be paid by the participating rowers.
COACHES for the 2019 Competitive Junior Summer Program include Head of WBC Junior Programs, Joe Sullivan. Additional coaches to be named at a later date.
The fee for this 9 week program is $1,100 payable by check. This fee includes the yearly Hines Rowing Center (HRC) fee, plus all required regatta entry & trailer fees. Travel fees for Canadian Henley will be assessed separately & paid for by the participating athletes. If an athlete has participated in ANY 2019 program at Hines Rowing Center (this includes all 2019 WBC programs & all 2019 HRC scholastic teams) they have already paid the yearly HRC fee; the total due for those families is $1,050. Please email our Program Director for registration information.
Please send checks to :
Whitemarsh Boat Club
Attn- Summer Junior Race Team
PO Box 944
Conshohocken, PA 19428
CLICK HERE to be taken to the WBC RegattaCentral page.
Click on “Memberships” to see the full list of programs available.
Questions/ concerns? Email us- YouthrowingWBC@GMAIL.com